Early Treatment of Malocclusions – Prevention and Interception in Primary Dentition
Early Treatment of Malocclusions
Prevention and Interception in Primary Dentition
Dr. German Ramirez-Yañez (DDS, MDSc, MS, PhD, FRCDC)
Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry and Functional Maxillofacial Orthopedics
Singapore, September 11 – 12, 2015
This course adheres to the Dental Board of Australia (APHRA) CPD guidelines for 14 hours of Scientific Continuing Professional Development accreditation.
SPECIAL OFFER to all PDA members:
Enjoy a 35% discount (in addition to early bird discount) using this coupon code when registering online: PDAOFFER
Download the full brochure for detailed information at : http://www.d4kknowledge.com.au
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Treatment of Malocclusions Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
7 Raffles Boulevard
Marina Bay 039595
www.d4kknowledge.com.au | email@example.com
Dr. German Ramirez-Yañez (DDS, MDSc, MS, PhD, FRCDC) is a Pediatric Dentist Certified by the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. Between his areas of expertise, he has a special interest in intervening early when a problem in the children’s bite is developing.
Dr. Ramirez-Yañez is Associated Pediatric Dentist in Aurora Kids Dentistry in Aurora, Ontario, Canada, and he is associated with the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada, as Adjunct Professor in the Department of Oral Biology. He has over 20 years of experience treating malocclusions at early age with a functional approach.
Dr. Ramirez-Yañez was trained in Orthodontics and Functional Orthopedics in Brazil, and he has a Master and PhD in Oral Biology from the University of Queensland, Australia. He recently completed another Master of Sciences with a major in Craniofacial Pain and Sleep Disorders in Tufts Universitv, Boston, USA.
Dr. Ramirez-Yañez has published more than 20 scientific articles in peer-review journals about functional appliances and the biological rationale for functional treatment of malocclusions and early intervention. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Dentistry and Oral Health and the Journal of Orthodontic Science and Practice.
He is the author of the book “Early Treatment of Malocclusions: Prevention and Interception in Primary Dentition”, as well as co-author of the book “The Trainer System: A Myofunctional Approach to treat malocclusions”. www.kidsmalocclusions.com
DAY ONE PROGRAM
• Envisioning Craniofacial Growth and Development in 3D
• How to guide Craniofacial Growth and development from the first day of our patient’s life
• Does Growth and Development stop?
• The oral functions and the lady of the mouth, Ms. Tongue
• Orientating Mastication to improve and maintain treatment results
• Breathing and malocclusions: is there a relationship?
• Development of the occlusion from primary to permanent dentition
• What is normal in primary dentition can be abnormal in permanent dentition and vice-versa
• Can we prevent and treat malocclusions in primary dentition? Is there scientific evidence?
• Treating without appliances: Selective grinding in primary dentition
• The Planas’ Direct Tracks (PDTs): a valuable tool to treat malocclusions in primary dentition
• Posterior and Anterior crossbite in primary dentition
• Deep-bite in primary dentition Preventing a Disto-Occlusion
• The effects of soft tissue dysfunction on primary dentition and how to treat
DAY TWO PROGRAM
• Functional Appliances: Rigid vs Elastic appliances
• The Trainer System and its modus operandi
• Is it possible to stimulate growth and development in adults with Myofunctional appliances?
• Hands-on section – Building Planas’ Direct Tracks for Unilateral Posterior Crossbite on typodont
• Building Planas’ Direct Tracks for Anterior Crossbite on
• Building Planas’ Direct Tracks for Deep bite on typodont